[TowerTalk] Re: Routing feed lines off of tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Routing feed lines off of tower
From: biskit@snip.net (Tom H)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 21:40:30 -0500
Hey Towertalkers,

I'm in the process of putting up a new tower and have a situation I've never
encountered before.  The tower is going up at one corner of my house, while
my station is located in the diagonal corner on the second floor.  The tower
will hold antennas for HF, VHF, and UHF, and will be about 8 feet above the
the roof.  Should I (and why):

1) Route the feed lines down the tower to the roof line and then across the
roof
diagonally (either in the attic or outside) to the 2nd floor station.  About
a 60 foot run.

or

2)  Route the feedlines down the tower to an underground PVC conduit, around
the corner of the house, then back up to the 2nd floor station. About a 130
foot run.

The first method would obviouslyseem better, but I'm concerned about the
feedline taking a 90 so close to the antennas.  Any comments would be
appreciated.

Tom K3GM