Re: [TowerTalk] Question on Multiple Inverted L Antennas

To: "a TowerTalk COL" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question on Multiple Inverted L Antennas
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <flcyclone@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:23:25 -0400
No, a top hat or tee vertical will have virtually no radiation from the flat
top if designed correctly. I have a website on that type of antenna at
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf2.htm .

On an inverted L the flat top portion radiates a high angle horizontally
polarized signal. The field strength of this horizontal radiation varies
depending on the length of the flat top. A 65 foot flat top on a 130 foot long
160 meter inverted L will radiate a considerable high angle horizontally
polarized signal, though it's down considerably compared to the low angle
vertical component. If you fold the 65 foot flat top back on itself at 32.5
feet the horizontally polarized radiation is further reduced.

BTW I have a website on the inverted L at http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf52.htm but
it's a 7/16 w/l linear loaded inverted L.

Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Lakeland, FL, USA
Grid Square EL97AW
kn4lf@arrl.net