[TowerTalk] help me make a decision

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] help me make a decision
From: k3bz@arrl.net (Jerry K3BZ)
Date: Thu Feb 27 14:05:31 2003
Bruce... besides giving you a custom-tailored, precisely tuned yagi anywhere
in it's freq range, the SteppIR does some neat tricks that are useful in
DXing and Contesting. Check them all out on the SteppIR website... but I
think the best one is the nearly instantaneous 180* change in direction
without rotating the beam. How often would a quick switch from short to
longpath be useful? You know the answer.

The T-10 will give you broadband coverage... a compromise at any frequency
in its range, whereas the SteppIR will give you custom tuning.... a tuned
3-element yagi at any frequency in its range.

It wouldn't surprise me if the SteppIR turns out to be the most important
new antenna construction idea since the invention of the yagi itself.  To
me, the decision for the SteppIR is obvious.

73,  Jerry K3BZ