[Towertalk] two antennas for same band and rfi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] two antennas for same band and rfi
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 18:58:28 -0600
I have a 80/40 dipole, works pretty well for certain directions and
distances. It hangs from a standoff on the tower.
Please don't tell me to move it, nowhere to do that.

I also use my tower as a rotatable dipole. This also works pretty well in
certain directions/distances.

The problem is, due to their proximity, transmitting on one does bring rf
into the shack even though the switch grounds unused antennas.
Obviously they are just too close.

But are there any tricks/stubs/filters, I can do/use to isolate one from the
other as much as possible?

I'm counting on you Antennanarians to come up with a magic pill.

I discovered my family tree was a bonsai.

W9OL, Bill H. in Chicagoland