Re: [TowerTalk] Unique Short Radial Challenge - N5OT Question

To: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Unique Short Radial Challenge - N5OT Question
From: "Chet Moore" <ChetMoore@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 10:43:07 -0400
Radials under the K9AY loop???

Possibly I did something wrong here but.............I put up the W2UP
rotatable loop which is a single loop I turned with a rotator but
essentially the same principle as a K9AY.........I think.

When I ran out an extra 20 radials last year from the inverted L,  6 or 7 of
them were laid right on the ground right under the W2UP loop and all
directivity disappeared.   The loop is still a good LOW NOISE antenna
compared to the inverted L but with no directivity it may not be worth my
time to put it back up this year.

Should running the radials under the loop have  affected the  rx pattern???

73

Chet N4FX