Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley CL-33 vs Hygain EXP-14

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley CL-33 vs Hygain EXP-14
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:37:49 -0400
The CL-33 is a different antenna from the TA-33.  The Classic 33 has an 18
foot boom and you cannot add the 40 meter element.

I helped a fellow put one up 105 feet in 1968 and used his station when I
came to Atlanta (from MS)
on business in 1969.  Most of the operation was at night after supper.
Worked like gang busters on 20 and had no problem working Asia on 15. It
covered all of 20 set to mid band and was less than 1.2 on 21.300.

This CL-33 may well be the best tri-band antenna Carl Mosley sold.  (not to
be confused with the current Mosley group.)

73 Dave K4JRB