Re: [TowerTalk] Towers/Antennas Near 138kV Transmission Lines

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Towers/Antennas Near 138kV Transmission Lines
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:16:25 -0700
Hi Larry

I wouldn't get within 10 miles of those wires :-)

I had a friend here, W7IVX, who had a big station on top of the hill.  To
the north about a mile were some high tension wires and they always gave him
fits whenever he beamed that way.

You might check them out with some sort of AM radio and not hear any noise,
but when it rains, or if the insulators dry out, things can change in a
hurry.  73
'Tom W7WHY