Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR

To: "Dick Green" <wc1m@msn.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:02:06 -0400
Something is VERY wrong with those gain figures Dick. Are you adding ground
gain?

And if the F/B is real Im not at all impressed with either. I could
demonstrate at least 20dB F/B and 30-35 dB over 200 kHz with my 20M 4el PV.
Those tests were run many times when N6BV lived a few miles away in Windham.
We also ran similar tests on my 15 & 10M versions. Id much prefer deep F/B
nulls in DX pileups and not worry about perfect VSWR or losing a few tenths
of a dB in gain.

Carl
KM1H