Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Guy Design

To: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Guy Design
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:51:00 -0500

>I am designing guys for several new towers to be added to my farm.  I have
> seen two methods use to install Phillystran guys.  Both have a 10+ foot
> piece of EHS at the ground point to resist damage from a grass fire.  One

OR varmits and critters of both the four and two legged variety.

> has a shorter piece of EHS at the tower point.
>
> What is the purpose of the EHS at the tower point?

I've never seen it used there and I don't on my system.
The only reason I can think of might be for protection from climbers or
"falling *stuff*" when working on the tower. Even hauling up the antennas I
did not find that to be a problem.

However I make no claim to having been doing it right all these years.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com