RE: [TowerTalk] geo888@cs.com

To: "'David Robbins K1TTT'" <k1ttt@arrl.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] geo888@cs.com
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:24:17 -0500

> The only way I can think of tracking this is to play spammer,
> take the raw group list and send each member a unique message
> then see which one comes back...

I have contacted ARRL and geo888@cs.com is not something they
forward to.

> That being said, there may be another way with the assistance
> of someone at contesting.com... they send a monthly reminder
> of what lists you are on, your 'secret' password, etc...  this
> message includes your email address as known by the list.

Because the monthly e-mail reminders were causing contesting.com
to be blacklisted, they have been suspended.  That option is not
currently available!

Another solution would be to simply set every one on the list to
"no mail" ... then each user could log-in and reset their own
account for mail.  One has to assume that geo888@cs.com is not
getting the e-mail and won't miss them.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK