Re: [towertalk] Permits

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [towertalk] Permits
From: kb9cry@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:16:21 +0000
I agree.  Check with the HamLaw reflector folks but I don't think a casual
conversation with the city planner would be considered to be legally binding.
You either need a copy of the regulation that says you're not required or, and
this is what I'd do, go ahead and file a permit application and let them
formally reject it if that's what they want to do.  Ask your insurance company
for their suggestion; no don't do that but I think we know what they'd say.
File for the permit; you're going to be installing structural concrete and they
need to inspect that.  That's what Inspectors do, they inspect concrete and
you've got some to inspect.  Case closed.  Real simple.  Can we end this thread
now?  Phil  KB9CRY