[TowerTalk] Fw: Detailed R5 and or R7 Trap information

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: Detailed R5 and or R7 Trap information
From: "Marc Tessier - VE3TES" <ve3tes@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:05:39 -0400
Hello once again group, This time I write to you in hopes that someone out
there has a Cushcraft R7 apart and or down on the ground. Reason I am hoping
for this is simple, I recently purchased a used R7 from a fellow not too far
away from me, and after spending  9+ hours yesterday,trying to get the match in
a somewhat reasonable operational range, I decided to consider the inevitable,
that the traps have been dismantled and not re-installed properly.  I now know
this to be a fact, because after a quick search through the archives here on
tower talk, I found a post by the person I bought the antenna from dated 2005,
where he was looking for similar information I am looking for today, dimensions
and spacing of all traps on the R7. So far to date I have managed to get 20,30
and 40 M to load up inside the bands, all others are either just outside or
ridiculously way out of band for resonance.

So If you are willing to take some time to go thru each trap I need information
for, by all means I would be very grateful for your time and help...
Feel free to drop me a line or two, and I can better explain what information I
require in a greater detail , and save some bandwidth of this reflector. I have
already touched base with Cushcraft customer support and they no longer offer
any documentation on the traps for the R5 and or R7.
I plan on creating a web page or two with this data for use by other poor
unsuspecting souls that may have either taken their unit apart, without paying
attention to the details required to assuring proper re-assembly or they too
purchased a antenna in a similar fashion that I did...
I would also be interested in hearing from anyone with an R5 on the ground or
apart, especially seeing as I already have the 20 to 40M traps setup nicely
now. I am going to assume that, Cushcraft just used similar traps for both
antennas on like bands.. i.e. 10/12 m traps should be the same on both
antennas...

Here's hoping someone out there is willing to help me, I really need to get
this antenna operational. I already have way to much money invested in it...

Marc Tessier - VE3TES