[TowerTalk] Coax Arms for Tri-Ex Crank-Up Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax Arms for Tri-Ex Crank-Up Towers
From: "Larry Essary" <larry@pulse.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 00:28:50 -0500
Has anyone found an improved method for running coax down crank-up towers ?

I have seen the fixed arms where the coax "accordions" as the tower comes down.
I have been told that even with the tower fully extended the coax whips around
in the wind

I have seen the "loop" or ring standoffs where the coax "threads the needle" as
the tower comes down and the coax piles up on the ground or in a container.
I would think there is a lot of stress on the cable having a single attachment
point
at the top of the tower. Also some logistic problems with the coax piling up.

Any improved ideas ?

Larry K5XG