Re: [TowerTalk] Bye bye CoaxSeal...

To: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bye bye CoaxSeal...
From: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:20:00 -0600
Oh, Pat, you gave away the secret!

Yes, cell installs are a great place to visit.  Near the end of the install,
all kinds of goodies can sometimes be had.  Just down the road, I saw
the cell antennas going in, so stopped by to chat, and there was a
215' piece of 1 5/8" Heliax, new & unused on the spool, that was
extra.  He even helped me load it on my trailer when I went back to
pick it up.  (This was before copper prices skyrocketed.)

Finding connectors wasn't nearly as easy -- but with patience,
ebay came to the rescue!

Note:  cell sites near my QTH are off-limits!!!  ;-)

--
Dave N0RQ
http://www.powerlinenoise.com

----- Original Message ----- > AA6EG  Adds: