Re: [TowerTalk] HDR-300A info

To: "'Mike & Becca Krzystyniak'" <k9mk@flash.net>, "'Daryll Webb'" <kg9nd2001@yahoo.com>, TowerTalk@contesting.com, "'Rroger (K8RI on TowerTalk)'" <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>, k3hx@juno.com, "'James Wolf'" <jbwolf@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDR-300A info
From: Doug <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:25:12 -0600
IMO the over rotation system (limit switches, etc.) on this
rotor has little benefit with the stock controller.  I remove
it from my HDR-300s.  One benefit in removing the over
rotation is that the range of rotation can be increased beyond
360 degrees.  Plus you don't have the problem when the
antennas turn beyond the limits.  Just make sure you have
enough coax looped around the mast to cover the new range.

Removed:
6P plastic paddle arm and push out
6Q plastic limit switch actuator w/Allen setscrew

Doug

I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.