Re: [TowerTalk] toroidal BALUNS

To: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] toroidal BALUNS
From: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 08:08:30 -0000
Bob here is the technical info: I'm an ole-fart ham of 50 years and in that
time have accumulated a lot of krap. A part of the krap is a bunch of misc.
size torroids. The one I'm currently using is 3 1/4 inches in dia and a
little more than a quarter of inch thick. I have no idea of the type of
material other than it is a torroid. In its current configuration I'm using
14 turns of wire. This works/tunes perfectly on 160-20. On 20-10 the tuning
is very, very, different than when the open wire line is connected directly
to the tuner.  I am using the 600 ohm open-wire line from W7FG. I have
several more torroids to chose from, some slightly larger and some smaller.
Hopefully I'll find one that satisfies me.
73

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ