Re: [TowerTalk] EMI concerns;Detectors/Radiation Allergies

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EMI concerns;Detectors/Radiation Allergies
From: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:02:41 -0500
Sure is hard not to "comment".

'nuff said, 73, Jim

----- Original Message -----
From: "BRENT BAUM" <brentbaum5323@msn.com>
To: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>;
<towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 12:42 PM

> I hope someone has the foresight to track her symptoms through the full
sunspot cycle. We might be able to save money on sensitive electronics,
beacons, etc. if we can make friends with our neighbors who are natural
detectors and can call us when they sense a band opening. :) BTW the line in
the article about her self-diagnosis tends to be a dead give away as to her
reliability. I once had a client who received messages from an empty radio
cabinet.
> K7MEI> Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:24:16 -0700> From: larryj@teleport.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EMI
concerns;Detectors/Radiation Allergies> > Do a search on Google for Sarah
Dacre, and you'll find several articles about her ailment, along with
pictures of her special "headgear".> > Here's one of the articles (the line
wrap may require you to cut and paste the entire url together for your
browser):> >
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=450995&in_page_id=1879>

LJ> > > -----Original Message-----> >From: Kent Winrich
<kwinrich@gmail.com>> >Sent: Jun 18, 2007 9:07 AM> >To: Pat Barthelow
<aa6eg@hotmail.com>> >Cc: towertalk@contesting.com> >Subject: Re:
[TowerTalk] EMI concerns;Detectors/Radiation Allergies> >> >Apply tin foil
hat at will> >> >Kent> >K9EZ/4/Lid/B0ZO> >> >> >On 6/18/07, Pat Barthelow
<aa6eg@hotmail.com> wrote:> >>> >> Oh my god....> >>> >> This morning's Good
Morning America, entertainment show (I
>   shudder to> >> call> >> it news) has a piece about Sarah Dacre from
England. Seems Sarah has an> >> allergy to Electromagnetic Radiation, that
she can definitely feel, and> >> has> >> caused her many ills in recent
times. She is shown shopping in London> >> wearing what looks like a bee
keepers veil that is actually EMI shield> >> cloth, in addition to metallic
fabrics to protect her while she walks> >> among> >> the Electro Smog, as
she calls it. She has wallpapered her home in> >> metallic> >> wallpaper to
keep out the poisonous waves...> >> Even has a hand held Electro Smog
Detector, which plays a shrill square> >> wave> >> audio tone, sounds like a
vacuum cleaner motor sounds near an am> >> radio....Looks something like a
hardware store stud finder.> >>> >> Anyay, if you see folks sniffing round
your antennas carrying one of> >> these,> >> may be you should be concerned.
The ABC news piece gave some legitimacy> >> to> >> Sarah's allergy to
electromagnetic waves.> >> Dr.
web....> >> Sad......> >>> >> Sincerely, Pat Barthelow aa6eg@hotmail.com> >>
http://www.jamesburgdish.org> >> Jamesburg Earth Station Moon Bounce Team>