[TowerTalk] I.C.E.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] I.C.E.
From: "Bill Jackson" <k9rz@radiks.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:40:28 -0500
>From the front page of the ICE Web Site at http://www.iceradioproducts.com/
On March 31, ICE released the following statement concerning the company:
"Industrial Communication Engineers (ICE), Ltd, its employees and the
Indianapolis Amateur Radio community mourn the passing of company founder Mike
Koss, W9SU, on March 28, 2011. Due to Mike's sudden and unexpected death, ICE
has temporarily suspended accepting new orders. We are in the process of
reorganizing the company, as well as identifying and fulfilling current open
orders and products returned for repair.  We appreciate your patience and
understanding during this transition period.

Questions may be directed to info@icemfg.com."

Having been involved in a small, family business I can only imagine how
devastating this loss is to everyone involved.  I think it would be most
appropriate for us to give them the time they need to grieve and then begin the
most difficult process of "rightsiding the ship" and moving forward.

Further speculation about the future of the company at this time is pointless
and seems somewhat insensitive to the feelings of those directly involved.  The
fact they have already made a public statement to their customers would
indicate at some point they will make things right at least for the orders they
already have in the pipe.  Beyond that, it is their decision and I am sure they
will make that public as well at the appropriate time.

73 de Bill, K9RZ