Re: [TowerTalk] Belt Slippage on LM-470 Towers

To: "TOWERTALK" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>, <k2xx@swva.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Belt Slippage on LM-470 Towers
From: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:52:42 -0600
Back on the farm a long time ago, before grinder/mixers, there were John
Deere tractors with belt pulleys ('48A) that we used on the old hammermill.
(Am I old or what).  Belt dressing was used on the flat belt to minimize
slippage.  Belt dressing THEN was a hard black substance in a paper tube
that was rubbed against the belt.  It WORKED very well.  Now-a-day, whoever
makes belt dressing seems to think it is to prevent squeaking and seems to
actually increase slippage.  What I find is a spray "grease" they call belt
dressing.  The opposite effect you want.  Can the "old" REAL belt dressing
still be obtained?

73, Jim