[Towertalk] Supporting coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Supporting coax
From: KC2TN@comcast.net (KC2TN)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:03:23 -0500
Red,

        I agree with Steve! I just ran all new coax to my antenna's
        up an 80' tower.

        I had used TyWrap bands of all types and Tape to hold up the
        old coax for 20 years. Over the 20 year period, most of the
        bands had broken but the tape was still in place.

        When I placed the new coax I wrapped each one individually
        to a crossarm/diagonal on one face of the tower. I had 5 runs
        plus the rotor cable. They are all side by side and taped
        individually. Looks real nice and I     don't expect I'll have
        any problems with loose cables.

        I used "Scotch 88 all weather"!

Joe - KC2TN