Re: [TowerTalk] K6STI Receiving loop question

To: Joe - WDØM <WD0M@centurytel.net>,"Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] K6STI Receiving loop question
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 05:24:17 -0500
> OK -- well, the program says that at the RX end this
particular length of
> cable and other conditions presents a 23+smallj mismatch
to a presumably
> 50-ohm receiver.
>
> The point I was trying to make is that this magnitude of
additional loss is
> of little consequence in a simple low-band receiving
antenna.  Is that wrong?'

No, that's correct. Mismatch is of little consequence.

The difficulty with the K6STI "loop" isn't matching. The
difficulty is the low antenna sensitivity and requirement to
have very high common mode isolation of the feedline.

It is very difficult to build because the feedline is very
difficult to isolate.

73 Tom