[TowerTalk] Lightning Bolt Antennas QRT

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning Bolt Antennas QRT
From: "Brad Pioveson" <w9fx@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:25:35 -0600
I recently recommended Lightning Bolt Quads as being cost effective,
moderate sized, HF antennas to a couple of new ham friends.  Seems, tho,
that neither they, nor I, once I was alerted to same, could find the
'Lightning Bolt Antennas' website...so, I called the number I had for
Lightning Bolt Antennas this afternoon and was saddened to be told that they
went out of the antenna business effective Dec. 12, 2005.  The lady I spoke
with said that they were forced to drop the antenna line as their suppliers
had been purchased by larger companies that refused to do business with
companies that buy only small quantities.

It's always a sad day to see a ham radio manufacturer die.

73, Brad, W9FX
www.fxrotorworks.com