[TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] Cow-Proof Beverage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] Cow-Proof Beverage
From: Ron KA4INM Youvan" <ka4inm@qsl.net (Ron KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 16:26:53 -0400
Hi:

>             Cows ain't quite as dumb as they look....! They know what
> electric fences
snip
> BTW...If your particular moo cows have not been introduced to 'lectric
> fences, put your beverage up AS a genuine electric fence for a couple of
> weeks... They'll get the message pretty damn quick.
>   Every few days, when the beverage is not in use, connect the 'lecric fence
> again, just to remind the
> "critters" to stay clear..
snip

  When I had an E.F. our cows & bull would walk right up and smell
the (stainless steel) wire, (four inches) if the charger was down
they could smell no ozone and would walk right through the wire.
(To get to a pasture that was not as nice as the one they were in,
one eaten down more) Smarter and dumber.

  We changed to barbed wire, works better and no maintenance
headaches (from lightning), but it is no fun to work with.

         73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
       Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----