[TowerTalk] TL antenna ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TL antenna ?
From: "W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 17:09:27 -0500
In the Antenna Compendium Volume 3 is an antenna the writer calls a TL DX
antenna. It is a T topped vertical over a 2 wire counterpoise.  I was wondering
if anyone has ever modeled this antenna.  In the text he (AL7KK) says the lower
(less than 15 degrees) radiation is useful for DX but he did not provide plots
for antenna.  I need a DX antenna for 30 Meters and am considering this one
since I can hang it in a pine tree.

For 30M the top of the T is 17.2" over a 12.9' vertical section with two 21.6'
counterpoise wires at a 90 degree angle to each other.  The top of the T is at
35.2'.   The antenna looks like a T over a ^ (T over a Lambda)

Clint - W5CPT