Guy Line Tension

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Guy Line Tension
From: kb5ylg@why.net (kb5ylg)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 12:45:50 -0600
I think the problem can be approached using Pythagoreans Theorem and =
force vectors....

a|\ c
 |_\

a^2+b^2=3Dc^2

Shrinking the ac angle (making steeper) causes b (lateral force) to =
shrink.  To equalize b (lateral force) with other runs of shallower =
angle, and a (vertical force) being constant, then c (tension on guy =
wire) must be increased.

David Johnson
KB5YLG