[TowerTalk] Re: Mast and stacking question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Mast and stacking question
From: k6pu@volcano.net (Ken Anderson)
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 15:56:39 -0700
Frank, W3LPL writes:

>Any reputable supplier of specialty steels, such as 4130, will
routinely provide you with the metallurgical test results for the steel
tubing you have purchased. Some suppliers charge a few dollars for the
test certificate.

>I wouldn't use a specialty steel without having the test document,
otherwise there is no way to have confidence in your installation!

Frank is absolutely correct.  Please note the very key words, "reputable
supplier".  I can tell you from many years in the Aerospace Industry that
phony test certificates are not uncommon when dealing with speciality
metals.  Especially for things like nuts, bolts, screws, fasteners, tubing, etc.

Ken, K6PU
k6pu@volcano.net