[TowerTalk] "Pre-install" Your Rotator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Pre-install" Your Rotator
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 03:17:31 -0600
On Saturday, November 01, 1997 12:07 PM, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>      Okay. Or any other known landmark/heading. In most communities, some of
>the streets are laid out north-south and east-west.

Yup....don't know how it happened, since most of the streets in the
subdivision are everything but n/s, e/w, but my house sits exactly
facing north.  The tower is right at the back eave of the house.  When
aligning the beam on the rotor, my ground grew simply stands below
the eave edge and tells me which way to rotate the antenna until the
driven element is parallel to the roof eave line.

Also, Houston is so flat that, from my 70' tower, I can see the
building on which the TDXS DXpacketcluster node resides (23
driving miles away).  To align the 2m 4-element butt-mounted
beam on the tower, it is simply a matter of boresighting the
boom at the building.

Sometimes, things work out.

73,

Dale Martin, KG5U