[TowerTalk] switching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] switching
From: cabmas@bankpds.com (Robert Sauvan)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 08:31:51 -0600
I am looking for a way to switch from my transceiver to my receiving antennas
with some type of automatic switching unit.Here is the scoop.I presently have a
Kenwood TS 850.These rigs do not have a seperate receive antenna jack on the
back as do some of the other rigs.I use an array of 4 EWE antennas to receive
on the low bands.Right now I use the typical selector switch to go from my
transceiver antenna to the EWE antennas.I find myself in a fury of contesting
and pileups forgetting to switch from my receive antennas to the transmit
antenna,therefore I blow the terminating resistors on the EWE's.So far my unun
has been able to take the jolt of 1500 watts.I am wanting to build or purchase
something that would automatically switch to the transmit antenna when I key
the rig,so as to eliminate my problem.Is there such a beast available or am I
just stuck with buying another rig that has a seperate receive antenna already
in the rig?

                                        Thanks, Bob-WT9Q