[TowerTalk] Connecting Tower GND to Service GND

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connecting Tower GND to Service GND
From: jlangdon@outer.net (John Langdon)
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 20:00:02 -0500
75 feet is practically complete separation as far as lightning protection
is concerned.  I would not tie the two grounds together at all. If you
wanted to connect them, even 00 would not be as good as copper strap, but
75' of strap has a load of inductance, and the pulse will probably just go
somewhere else.  I would have a good ground for the tower, and leave the
electrical ground as installed originally.  How far is the point where the
feed lines and cables will enter the building from the tower and from the
electrical service entry point?  It would be nice to have a single entry
point with a common ground for everything.