[TowerTalk] Antenna Measurements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Measurements
From: jlangdon@outer.net (John Langdon)
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 11:04:47 -0500
Amen about reviewers, Tom.

When you are the manufacturer or author, it sometimes seems as though the
reviewers are Murphy's disciples on earth. They are able to generate a
minimum of 17 different explanations for what they have observed, all of
them unfavorable to the product,  They also seem incapable of comprehending
any different explanation.  They are always "on deadline" and never have
time to even listen to your side, much less try a test you suggest to clear
up a misunderstanding.  They always say: "you can put that in your
comments"  which are always published 3 months later and read by only 10%
of the original readers.

But to consumers, it often seems like they are in the manufacturer's
pockets, and willing to repeat anything the manufacturers tell them as the
total truth, and unwilling to risk the manufacturer's disfavor with even an
aside that is unfavorable. There are at least three sides to every story.

If I see you at Dayton next year, I'll tell you about a non ham friend of
mine who has more patents than you and I have fingers and toes, and his
succinct summary of the review process and scientific knowledge base at a
noted high end high fidelity magazine.

73 John N5CQ