[TowerTalk] Sinking tower, a question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sinking tower, a question
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly Taylor)
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 07:13:04 -0500
Hi,

In regards to the Minnesota fellow whose tower is slowly sinking...

I don't mean to cast any aspersions here, it's just a question that I think is
instructive to others. He said he used the factory spec 2x2x3 base but found
the soil to be quite soft.

Is this an example of not adjusting the size of the base to the condition of
the soil? Or is it unavoidable?

Kelly
ve4xt

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----