[TowerTalk] crankup advice

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] crankup advice
From: PEMS_ST_DK@noeca.ohio.gov (PEMS_ST_DK@noeca.ohio.gov)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 09:22:43 -0500 (EST)
Since the thread on recabling crankups has flourished I have decided to to test
the water.
I am planning on installing a crankup this summer and would like the experience
and opinions of the toweretalk group.

Present plans call for a Cushraft 40 above a tribander with a 2 el 12/17.  I am
assuming 15 foot of mast out the top and either a 55 or 70 foot crankup.  I
have catalogs from U.S.Tower, Tri-Ex and Hygain/Telex which seeem to be a bit
lax on information.

1. What are the best/worst ways to get it out of the truck ?  This seems to be
my worst problem as I live on a slight hill and one of the towers looks to
weigh 1680 lbs !

2. Any brand recommendations or are they basically the same ?

3. What kind of loads do you have on yours.  I am especially interested in the
large mast (at least 15 feet out of tower) an dwhat types of loads you have.

4. Any other issues I need to worry about or need to know.

Please post to me and I'll summarize.  If there is a summary in let me know.

TNX
Dan
W8CAR
pems_st_dk@noeca.ohio.gov