Re: [TowerTalk] Two Verticals one radial field

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Two Verticals one radial field
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 13:26:56 +0200
I have put up an inverted L for 160m next to my 80m vertical with 10cm
separation using my 80m radial field.
Both wires run parallel for 21m and results on 160m are great.
The resonance of the 80m vertical dropped by 100KHz and when transmitting on
160m and I was called by fellow hams that the first harmonic appeared on 80m
well above the noise.
When I transmit on 160m I open the feed point of 80m now.
I plan to built up  a 40m 4-square using radiators with one elevated radial
above that radial field as well.
Tests with a single 40m vertical were very promising already but I did not
check the influence on 80/160m and vice versa at that time.

73
Peter