Re: [TowerTalk] >>Ameritron RCS-4 remote switch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] >>Ameritron RCS-4 remote switch
From: "Jon Casamajor" <k6el@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:55:10 -0700
Tony,
I have used this switch since 1988 on my tower with various antennae.  I
have had a couple of problems and learned a few lessons.   First, I have
elected to mount the relay box at ground level so that if something goes
wrong I don't have to crank down the who tower to trouble shoot. Not a big
deal when I was younger but a big deal as I age.
I have two systems. One has the power supply built into the station console.
This was my original and still is in service today. The second one made by
MFJ has an external wall wart.  Just a few weeks ago the wall wart failed
and took out the RF Choke while it was at it. Parts were $12, fix was easy.
That is why I have two.  BTW, the wall wart is 12V AC @1A, not DC so you can
have trouble finding one rated for the 1A current.

Based on my rather lengthy experience, I think it is a good value and saves
running yet another darn cable to the  tower

 73, Jon
 K6EL