Re: [TowerTalk] Water in Rotator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Water in Rotator
From: "Mike K6BR" <noddie@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:58:24 -0700
I always thought a Rotor was turned by something, and a Rotator actually did
turn something.  So I guess the thing at the top off the tower would be a
Rotator:)

Mike

-----
> It's a rotator not a rotor; you have those under your distributor cap in
> your car.

I don't want to get into a discussion of which way is True North but my
rotor turns my antenna and those whose don't know that it is a synonym for
rotator should check http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rotor .    Scroll
about half way down the page.  At the very least it is an noun for an
electrical motor.  This was only one of several sources I checked.

Pat, K8PC