[TowerTalk] Lining up Antenna Elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lining up Antenna Elements
From: tao@skypoint.com (Tod Olson)
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 22:59:34 -0500
Bill:

I sort of wish you hadn't given away the secret. It is much more
fun to read about all the agony people go through to get
alignment of elements.

>Larry,
>Don't worry too much about it.  The "alignment" is for your eyes
only.  The
>elements may be off horizontal alignment by as much as 30
degrees, or more,
>before it will affect anything related to the antenna pattern.

Maybe the thing to do is suggest that the "modelers" among us run
their models and tell us exactly where the RF effects begin. Most
of us know where the psychological degradation begins as the
elements move away from perfect alignment.

Tod,K0TO