[TowerTalk] 10 Meter contest write-up - IT STINKS!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 10 Meter contest write-up - IT STINKS!
From: ke3q@erols.com (Richard Boyd)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:05:56 -0400
More to the story.  After some PVRC members noticed their scores weren't in
the writeup of the '97 10M contest, we carried on a dialogue with ARRL and
were informed that PVRC had, in fact, won the 10M contest in '97 and were
sent the gavel.  The missing logs put PVRC into #1 by a comfortable margin
in '97.  Not wanting to embarrass ARRL or the Contest Branch, we didn't
insist on a big mention in QST and, in fact, didn't get any at all.  I read
the '98 results to see if there would be any mention of the '97 correction
and there wasn't.  As far as I know, no one beyond PVRC knows that PVRC won
the '97 10M contest until this moment, now that I'm mentioning it to the
reflectors.  73 - Rich, KE3Q (PVRC Pres. last 3 years, currently secretary)

Nevertheless, FCG can take a lot of pride in what they've done in a short
time with their club, and with a small, but very effective group.