[TowerTalk] Re: New Cushcraft 2el 40 XM240

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: New Cushcraft 2el 40 XM240
From: k3mm@erols.com (Tyler Stewart)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 03:24:06 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: DavidC <davidc@bit-net.com>
To: Tyler Stewart <k3mm@erols.com>
Cc: towertalk@contesting.com <towertalk@contesting.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 01, 1998 04:00

>Tyler, et al:
>
>Is there anything in the W6QHS mods that Cushcraft has failed to implement
>in the new XM240?

CC really did some things differently hardware wise to accomplish the same
goals.  Also, the QHS ++ level takes the antenna to 125 mph which is much
better still...

I'm planning to put up my XM240 stock out of the box.  My QHS ++ 402 has been
up about 3 years now with no signs of wear, but I think the new one will be
adequate without
spending a lot of time and money on mods.

>Is the new balun likely to create a problem for those of us who want to
>load it up on 12 & 17m?

No.

>Where do you suppose will be the least expensive place to buy one?  Could a
>dealer drop-ship at the factory and I could pick it up there and save
>shipping charges?

I've been buying from HRO.  They arent quite as cheap as some others, but they
dont charge shipping on anything, which is a big savings on an HF antenna!  (I
also get it next day most of the time using ground service from their VA
store).

73, Ty K3MM