[TowerTalk] Tailtwister Rotor Transformer Update

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister Rotor Transformer Update
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:13:36 -0400
Thanks to all those that responded direct.

I replaced the little meter transformer with a replacement transformer (120VAC
input 27VAC output).  This time I fused the output of the transformer. I
connected it to the EXROTOR board and all operates normally.  I let it cook for
an hour and the transformer temperature appears normal.

I conclude the failure of the transformer was incedental and not related to the
installation of the EZROTOR control board....a coincedence!?

During the testing I noticed the CPU of the PC runs almost 100% when using LP
Rotor interface software.  Has anyone out there using LP Rotor noticed this and
if yes, what did you do to free up the CPU cycles for use by other devices and
applications?

As always please answer direct.

73,
dave