Re: [TowerTalk] Frozen Rotor

To: <kb9cry@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Frozen Rotor
From: "W1GOR" <W1GOR@Maine.RR.Com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:21:55 -0500
Phil,

I like your idea even better than mine... CV Joint Boots are made to hold up under the worst conditions of off-road use too... I'd still recommend lubricating the sleeve/mast junction with low temp SILICONE grease... At least the friction between the mast and sleeve will be reduced.

Thanks for a 'better idea'...

73, Larry - W1GOR

There are 10
types of people
in the world;

Those that
understand
B I N A R Y
and those
that don't.

A trick I've seen lots of folks use is to attach one half of an automotive CV joint cover. It's rubber with a bolted connection down one side so it can be opened up and wrapped around the mast just above the sleeve and then it is bolted up and hangs over the top portion of the sleeve. It prevents water from running down the mast and getting into the space between the sleeve and the mast. Phil KB9CRY