Re: [TowerTalk] 800 SDX

To: "Jerry" <grf@uneedspeed.net>,"Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 800 SDX
From: "k0dan" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:06:47 -0600
Yaesu will do a good jon repairing your controller. They will take a long
time to get it back to you and will shock the crap out of you with the
repair price, but when you compare that to totally replacing the motor on
the tower plus the controller, maybe that's not so bad. Alternatively, you
can sometimes find replacement controllers on Ebay. Be sure the tower
mounted unit is working OK (you can send +/- DC voltage down the control
line to make sure it turns, and you can measure the resistance of the tower
mounted pot to make sure the resistance changes as the rotor turns. FWIW any
of the SD series controllers will work with any SD controller. If it doesn't
have an "X" in the logo, it won't do the preset function, but will otherwise
be compatible.

GL es 73
Dan
K0DAN