Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline

To: wf3h@comcast.net, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:00:58 +0000
Bob:

     A while back (ca 1995!) W3LPL compiled a table of coax cables vs loss.
You can find one source here:
http://www.k1ttt.net/technote/coaxloss.html#tables .

     Frank recommended (elsewhere) that coax should be selected to keep the
loss below 1 dB for the highest freq the coax run will carry.  So for 28 MHz
and 200 feet of coax the conventional cable designs (RG-213, -8X and 9913)
would be too lossy.  You'd more or less be forced to go with some sort of
Andrew cable design such as Superflex (FXA12-50J).

     Of course, you could accept greater losses in your coax runs and select
one of the more common cable designs.  These tables will let you calculate the
loss impact for each design you might consider.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: wf3h@comcast.net