Re: [TowerTalk] Question re Sky Needle rotor cage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question re Sky Needle rotor cage
From: "Perry - K4PWO" <k4pwo@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 10:30:25 -0600
One of the biggest reasons a chain and sprocket will wear out is over
tensioning.  Examine the sprocket closely and if you see even the slightest
"hooking" of the teeth, you should replace it as well.  When you re-tension
the chain, check for some deflection in the long spans.  If there is none,
you have it too tight.

73 de Perry - K4PWO