Re: [TowerTalk] Locating Buried Feedline

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Locating Buried Feedline
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 08:52:19 -0600
Roger's reply is the answer, although I don't know about "Miss Dig"...

In Minnesota, the utility companies sponsor a group who's purpose is to locate
underground utilities, whether it is telephone, electric, gas, water, whatever.
They come out and locate ALL utilities with different colored paint lines and
flags. This is a FREE service as it has been found to be more cost effective
than allowing people to dig "blind" and hit a utility. Their 1-800 number is
applied to my power meter. I have used them when relocating gas lines (from
propane to natural gas) and when planting trees.

I don't know whether this service is provided in other states.

73 de Bob - K0RC

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 01:15:10 -0500
From: "K8RI on Tower talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
To: "Barkey, Patrick M." <pbarkey@bsu.edu>, <towertalk@contesting.com>

I'd cheat, call "Miss Dig" and tell them I was going to do some digging and
didn't want to hit anything important.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com