Re: [TowerTalk] HAWKS AND OTHER BIRDS ON TOWERS

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HAWKS AND OTHER BIRDS ON TOWERS
From: "Tony Brock-Fisher" <barockteer@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 09:05:01 -0500
What's the problem? Every morning this week I've woken up to see a Red-Tailed
Hawk sitting on my KT-36XA driven element. He sits there until he spots his
breakfast - then he swoops down and reduces the mouse population. Other than
some bird crap on the top plate, I don't see the harm in letting 'em roost...

A tangle of fishing lines at the top of the tower sounds like a pain to
maintain, and might be harmful for the birds as they fly into them and get
tangled/hurt...

Live and let live I say...

-Tony, K1KP