[TowerTalk] 40 m antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 m antenna
From: k9kl@gbonline.com (Gregg Seidl)
Date: Thu Jun 12 10:07:47 2003
I have a question for all you fellow antenna/tower lovers.Field Day is
nearly here and I'm thinking about our 40m set-up which I am responsible
for.We have the room for a full-size loop( we are having at my QTH and I'm a
farmer).Do you think that a loop at say 30-40 feet fed with open wire is a
better antenna for FD then an inverted vee at say 50-60 feet.We are only
talking about FD where all you want is fairly high angles.It will be over
very rich Wisconsin loam.Our soils here are quite saturated as well as we
just got 3 inchs of rain.The land where we would put it is fairly flat.Maybe
it needs to stay below that 33 foot range.I want to rock some s-meters in
the 'test!!   Gregg K9KL