[TowerTalk] Everything Works QST Article by N6BT

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Everything Works QST Article by N6BT
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:17:15 -0800
I think the seemingly oxymoronic term "multi-monoband"
was coined to describe the concept used by Force 12
whereby multiple monoband yagi antennas share a common
boom. The concept is a little different than an "interlaced"
yagi in the sense that with the F12 antennas, the high frequency
elements are up toward the front end of the boom and the low
frequency yagi elements are in the back (imagine taking two
3 element monobanders, one for 15, and one for 10 and lining
them up with their booms placed end-to-end). This staggering
of the elements reduces the interaction found in traditional
"meshed" interlaced designs where high frequency elements
are stuck between low frequency elements and comes closer
to acheiving true monoband performance with a multi-band
antenna. At least thats my meager understanding of how it
works. Anyway, it seems like a very good design concept.