[TowerTalk] Poly phaser protectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Poly phaser protectors
From: k9mi@home.com (Michael Brown)
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:04:13 -0500
Last year, my son (who lived next door) and I both
went to DSL, as it was the only high speed option at the
time. I was running 100 watts, and would disrupt both
our DSL connects. Of course, they would always sync
back up, and for me, it wasn't a problem. If I'm on the
radio, I'm not using the internet anyway, so no biggy for
me. So, it was more  a problem for him then myself. I
have these plug in filters from the phone company that
always seemed to do a good job. We tried one on his,
DSL and I couldn't knock him off even with the amp. Well,
this success was short lived. When he first attemped to
download something from Micrsoft, the speed went
way down. So much for that fix. Shortly there after, we
both went to cable modems, and no more problems. I
have heard that Rat Shack sells DSL filters, but I have
no idea if they work or not. I guess the ultimate fix to
any (well, maybe not all) RFI problems is to have our
hf antennas further away from the house, or go high.
I hope to be able to do this someday.

73 - Mike