Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Selection Advice Wanted - Heavy Duty

To: "'Stone, Gary R.'" <Gary.Stone@va.gov>,"'K8RI on TowerTalk'" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>,<TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Selection Advice Wanted - Heavy Duty
From: "W5LT" <W5LT@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 13:46:57 -0600
I believe the Prosistel design was changed in the last year or so. The
version I have (about 8 months old) has the motor sticking straight out from
the rotor housing, at right angle to the axis of rotation. In my case, I had
to remove one of the horizontal braces to allow the motor to clear in my
Heights 14" face width top section. If I had it to do over, I would have
used an 18" face width top section. The strength of the tower was not
compromised since the rotor plate, mounted just below the motor, effectively
replaced the horizontal brace.

Bob, W5LT