[TowerTalk] Feedline question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Feedline question
From: k4wi@earthlink.net (Courtney Judd)
Date: Wed May 28 21:08:18 2003
I have an interesting question for the gurus out there. I have been hired as
the remote site manager for a fm station. Basically, I just look after the
site and keep the operation up and going. The question pertains to
pressurized Nitrogen and the feedline. This is 600 feet of 4 inch hard-line
with N tanks hooked to it supposedly to keep moisture out. This feedline is
old and has what I believe to be many pinholes thru out it. Management won't
consider replacement but is complaining about the number of bottles of
compressed N that  I am using. What about replacing N with a small air pump
and keep the feedline pressurized with air taken from inside the transmitter
house... air conditioned and de-humidified... air is 70% N anyway! It's
running 18 KW out and SWR on the feedline is 1:1. Any comments or ideas?
Thanks Cort

Courtney Judd K4WI / NA4W
2300 County Road 61
Uniontown, Alabama 36786